MWT Cymru 2017 Membership Survey
Thank you to all members who completed our membership survey, your feedback is extremely valuable to us. If you missed the survey but would like to provide feedback at any time, you can of course contact us on 01654 702653.
Top Line Stats
Top Line Stats
- From an individual business perspective - web entry ranks as most important activity provided by MWT (75% said very important), followed by Guestlink support (55%) and Press and PR (50%). Bespoke marketing services ranked as least important.
- 76% said MWT performs ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ at individual web entries, telephone/email support (84%), Guestlink support (72%).
- Destination information on MWT websites and Apps and social media marketing rank as top 3 priorities which members feel MWT should undertake to help promote their area. Trade shows and exhibitions rank least important.
- Individual entry on website, app, and booking hotline/tourist information are top 3 priorities members feel MWT should undertake to promote their individual businesses.
- Membership benefits section (48%) & FAQs section/GuestLink help cards (34%) are most popular on MWT website. However, 32% don’t use this site.
- Forward bookings in general for 2017 about the same as last year (33%), more than last year (29%), fewer than last year (19%), Don’t know (19%).
- 79% of respondents are quality graded by VW/AA. 60% said it is important to their business, and 58% said it’s important to the industry.
- 80% said there is insufficient promotion of Mid Wales by national tourism bodies.
- 60% rated MWT membership as ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ value for money. 28% said ‘Fair’, 11% said ‘Poor’, 2% said ‘Don’t know.’
- 80% said they’d be ‘very likely’ or ‘likely’ to recommend MWT to another person or business. 15% said ‘unlikely’
A couple of additional responses/feedback:
Fantastic personal contact. Very responsive.
Thank you for all your efforts. I am glad that there is always someone who I know I can talk to about anything. It helps to have familiar people, rather than faceless call centres.