24/7 support across HR, employment law and health & safety
Exclusive Deal for MWT Cymru Members: Get a FREE business once-over with Peninsula to ensure you're meeting your Employment Law and Health & Safety obligations AND 10% off Peninsula services
With over 35 years’ experience, Peninsula are the UK’s most trusted HR, Employment Law and Health & Safety experts. Their goal is to save small businesses time, effort and money by providing the following services:
- A free 24-hour advice line any time, any day
- Creating watertight contracts, documents and handbooks
- Reducing sickness, lateness and absences
- Providing legal representation and insuring you against any losses
- Helping to manage any staff redundancies and dismissals
- Offering the latest cloud-based staff management software
We understand all too well how difficult it can be to manage the complex area of Employment Law and Health & Safety and for that reason MWT Cymru has established a partnerships with Peninsula the number one trusted provider of Employment Law and Health & Safety support across the UK.
When you run a business, the most valuable commodity of all is the hardest one to fine: time.
Time to concentrate on doing the things you do best. The things that made you set up in the first place. The things that make your business grow because nobody sets up a business to spend their time learning about employment law or making sure they are up to date with their health & safety obligations.
Maintaining health and safety in the workplace is a legal requirement for businesses of all sizes, even those with 5 members of staff or less. And can help reduce your premiums. Unfortunately, companies of your size rarely have the resources or know-how necessary to handle it themselves, while recruiting for this role is not cost-effective for small businesses.
Equally, getting your head around the complexities of employment law can also be a daunting prospect. Not to mention all the time it takes that could be better spent elsewhere.
It is so important for employers to have the correct policies and procedures in place with employees to give a company the ‘control’ to run their business their way.
It’s widely accepted that although staff are certainly a company’s biggest asset, they can also be the biggest headaches in running a business.
We spoke to James Tinker, our local consultant for Peninsula, who has been helping local employers put together a few Employment Law and Health & Safety questions.
Are you able to answer the below questions positively?
- Are you staff aware of all your standards and expectations and what could happen to them if they don’t meet them?
- Have you incorporated the new GDPR regulations into your policies and procedures recently?
- Do you know about the changes in employment law and how you will be effected with the Good Work Plan in 2020?
- Do you have the Health & Safety qualifications within your business to ensure you are getting things right?
- Do you carry out Risk Assessments and follow up with supervision and monitoring procedures and can you prove this?
James has a lot of experience critiquing both your Employment Law & Health & Safety policies and procedures and can give you commercial advice if you are dealing with an issue with your staff.
How certain can you be that all your legal obligations are met?
Give your business a once-over completely free of charge as a value added service for members of MWT. There's no obligation to use Peninsula services and no pressure. Guaranteed.