MWT Visitor-facing Websites
www.showmewales.co.uk and www.visitmidwales.co.uk
We are continually developing our online channels for the benefit of our members and the destination - showmewales.co.uk was re-launched in December 2016 and www.visitmidwales.co.uk was re-launched in April 2017, in readiness for the Easter weekend. Both websites are fully responsive. Early results showed a huge 70% increase in visitors to the new www.visitmidwales.co.uk website compared to the same period during the previous year.
These websites generate over 1.7 million unique visitors per annum.
- Fully responsive: website automatically adapts to the screen size visitors are viewing it on. This is essential to cater for the increasing number of people using their phones and tablets to browse and book online.
- Themed 'Holiday' section: themed pages, promoting for example: 'Romantic Holidays' and 'Pet Friendly Holidays'. Great for visitors to find what they need quickly and easily - they're a brilliant opportunity to promote your business to specific target markets. To be listed on one of the Holiday section pages, you need to complete the online form: Accommodation businesses thematic form.
- Enhanced business listings: Your web entry/entries now have new layouts and content tabs so that visitors can more easily navigate your information and find what they need.
- Shortlisting facility: visitors can now shortlist their favourite properties/attractions/venues/events. This shortlist can be saved as a PDF or printed there and then; ensuring they don't forget about those places (hopefully yours!) that have caught their eye.
- Visitor enquiries: With the closure of many Tourist Information Centres, MWT has published our office telephone number for visitors to call if they need help to book accommodation/plan their trip.
It's important to stress that Visit Mid Wales remains COMMISSION FREE for bookings and we are not an agency. Our focus remains to help you generate bookings and manage these directly yourself.
- All MWT members will have an entry on one or both of these websites as part of your membership, so it's more important than ever to ensure that you regularly update your prices and availability.
- You will need your Guestlink log-in details to update your details - please don't hesitate to get in touch if you need help.