MWT Cymru understands that the information you trust us with is important to you, and we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.This Notice may be updated from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Notice.
This policy explains how, when and why we collect your personal information and how we use it, the conditions under which we may share it with others and how we keep it secure
We will hold your information securely and use it only in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR 2018). We will use your information to provide you with the products and any information that you have requested. We may also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
Disclosure of your information
The only parties to whom we may disclose your information are as follows:
- Our employees who process the information for the purposes for which you have made it available to us
- Our suppliers, partners, advisers and auditors who may have incidental or necessary access to your information in the process of providing services to us, however they will be obliged to treat your information as confidential
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
- Company name & Registered Address is Mid Wales Tourism Ltd t/a ‘MWT Cymru,
- Mid Wales Tourism is a Company Limited by Guarantee
- Our Company number is 0261356 (Registered in Wales)
- ‘our’, ‘us’ and ‘we’ means MWT Cymru; ‘you’ and ‘your’ means the person entering an agreement
- Our nominated representative or Data Protection Officer who can be contacted at email@example.com
- About Us
- What information do we collect about you?
- Why we use the information about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Information Security
- Transferring your information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Information we collect through your use of our websites
- Your individual rights
- Retaining your data
- Who to contact in relation to processing of personal information at MWT Cymru
1. ABOUT US
We are registered under General Data Protection Regulation as a data controller, under registration number Z7242410
MWT Cymru is an independent tourism membership organisation working to promote and support tourism businesses and organisations in Wales and developing practical ideas to improve the tourism economy in Wales and support our member businesses.
We are Not for Profit tourism organisation, funded by our members. Our vision is to help create a tourism sector where everyone can flourish.
2. What Information do we collect about you
"MWT Cymru" is the sole owner of the information collected on this site or via any other means. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement.
We obtain information about you when you use our website, join as a member, when you contact us about products and services, or if you are signed up to receive one of our newsletters
The personal information we collect might include your business name, address, email address, telephone number, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
If you sign up for membership, marketing services or events, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
If you want to access and update your information
We will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights
It is important to us that the information we hold for you is accurate. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if your details change, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please get in contact to let us know.
3. WHY WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party such as for credit card payment processing, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
4. HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We undertake the action for the reasons set out below, - the legal basis for gathering your data
(a) MWT Members, Contractors & Suppliers - Our legal basis for processing this data is legitimate interest.
(b) Using our Website - Our legal basis for processing this data is legitimate interest. It is in the legitimate interest of us as an organisation to gather this information in order to analyse how our website is used to allow us to improve our services to you.
(c) Mailing list sign up - Our legal basis for processing this data is consent. We will only send you emails if you have given us permission to do so.
(d) Promotion & Marketing your business - Our legal basis for processing this data is legitimate interest.
5. INFORMATION SECURITY & DATA RETENTION
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as the law requires.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties at any time.
Unless specified that we are working in partnership with another organization, we will not share your information with third parties.
Receiving information from us
You can choose whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about such exciting things as our work, upcoming events or articles, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us via letter addressed to MWT Cymru, The Station, Machynlleth, Powys by email: info@MWTCymru.co.uk or by calling our office on 01654 702653.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
We may need to pass your information to our third party service providers for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process membership, online marketing, to send you enews and other mailings).
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have agreements in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes.
We will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have given us permission to do so or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
When you are using our secure online membership your payment is processed by a third party payment processor, who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
Sharing - We will share aggregated demographic information with our partners. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
Surveys - From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and address), and demographic information (such as postcode, age). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
6. TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
In order to provide our services, the information you give us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. When we do transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we ensure that any party with access to your information has implemented the necessary security and privacy measures to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and confidential as outlined in this Policy.
7. INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITES
Cookies - All Cookies used by and on our website/s are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
Log Files - We may use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Links - This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that "MWT Cymru" is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
MWT Cymru cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our website.
8. Your Individual Rights
You have the right to:
- request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us at no cost to you;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place; restrict processing
- to object to processing of your personal data; and complain to a supervisory authority
- ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (we may need to charge a small fee to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.)
- ask us not to use your data
We will retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as the law requires.
We work hard to ensure that your personal information is treated safely and securely. However, if you have a complaint, write to us using the details provided at the end of this Policy. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If we decide to, we may also email you.
12. WHO TO CONTACT IN RELATION TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
AT MWT Cymru / Mid Wales Tourism Limited controls the processing of personal data on its systems. If you would like to discuss anything in relation to this policy or how we handle your personal information, you can do this by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org , via letter addressed to MWT Cymru, The Station, Machynlleth, Powys by or by calling our office on 01654 702653.
You can also talk to a member of the team
Review of this Notice
We will regularly review this Notice in line with any GDPR changes. This Notice was last updated 22nd May 2018