As part of our ongoing #RealMidWales campaign, we're pleased to announce that we will be running our 'Slow TV' Live streaming campaign next week!
Four streams on four consecutive days, starting on October 16. Escape to:
The more people that hear about Mid Wales the better for everyone. We'll be expecting a spike in traffic to our website so regardless of where your business is in relation to the live streams, if you are a member of MWT Cymru please make sure your information is up to date using Guestlink so you take advantage of this promotion.
Picking up on the success of Airbnb's campaign (National Parks Backyard) and the success Norway have received with their Slow TV campaigns we aim to emulate this exciting new concept and really get the message out about Mid Wales.
This is the first time 'Slow TV' will be used in the UK to market a destination in this way and MWT is proud to be leading the way in destination marketing.
We're delighted that we have been able to run this campaign with the support of Visit Wales who have agreed to stream two live events to their nearly 1million followers! - providing us with some fantastic coverage for the Mid Wales region.
Other partners on the project include RSPB Cymru, National Trust Cymru, Hafren Dyfrdwy and Natural Resources Wales; without them this project wouldn't be possible.
To ensure we have the best coverage for Mid Wales please ensure you share these events with your visitors, groups, and friends. All event times/locations can be found on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/visitmidwales - register your interest in the events and get sharing!
There will be 4 pages hosted on our VisitMidWales.co.uk website which will pull through events, things to do, accommodation etc, so this is a great opportunity for MWT members to get noticed. Rather than just raising awareness this is about driving business to Mid Wales.
If you need any help updating your details or images, or if you have any questions about the campaign, please do not hesitate to contact the office on 01654 702653.
The events start on Tuesday so look out for updates!
Alert: Cyber criminals send victims their own passwords in new sextortion scam
We have had a number of calls from members who have been hit with a particularly nasty scam.
Cyber criminals are sending victims their own passwords in an attempt to trick them into believing they have been filmed on their computer watching porn and demanding payment.
Action Fraud suspects that the fraudsters may have gained victim’s passwords from an old data breach.
You can check whether your email has been compromised go to :https://haveibeenpwned.com. Action Fraud have found that in almost all cases their accounts have been compromised.
This is a particularly nasty scam and one which needs reporting. We have spoken to the Action Fraud who are the official body for reporting crimes and their advice is as follows:
For more information about this scam please see the Action Fraud website: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/news/alert-cyber-criminals-send-victims-their-own-passwords-in-new-sextortion-scam-jul18
Dan is a professional photographer based in Newtown (Powys). Dan has years of experience working with design agencies and private clients across the UK.
Dan is a Mid Wales boy who understands the importance of good photography. He offers a friendly, professional service with specialist rates for Mid Wales Tourism Members. Whether you have a holiday cottage, a large hotel or run and an attraction/activity/event, good photography makes all the difference.
Dan is offering MWT members affordable packages with options available for multiple properties to be shot on the same day. All images are supplied copyright free, allowing you to use your new imagery across all your online channels, brochures, marketing channels etc.
Example of pricing:
Working rate is £35 per hour for MWT member:
Example packages below. All packages include interior & exterior shots and include touch ups/editing to really make your images stand out :
Contact Dan direct for more information - Remember to let Dan know you're a member of MWT Cymru
07786 267 060 | email@example.com | www.danbadger.co.uk
SUMMARY OF SERVICES BUSINESS@LLANDRILLOMENAI OFFER EMPLOYERS
● Apprenticeships – An Apprenticeship offers a cost-effective method of recruiting and training skilled employees for the future. The programme includes both on-the-job learning and off-the-job training which leads to nationally recognised qualifications. There is a choice of Apprenticeships within work sectors i.e. business administration, customer service, accounting, hospitality, care, early years, construction, engineering.
● Higher Apprenticeships – High Apprenticeships programme allows you to work towards a level 4, 5 or higher. They will help you to develop those talented employees within your organisation who aspire to become the next generation of managers No training cost. The Welsh Government cover the full cost of the training. Open to any age group. Any employee can take part in the training. Again they vary depending on sector i.e. CIPD, Leadership and Management.
● Professional/Part time courses – Comprehensive range of high quality, vocational and professional training, from beginner’s level to degree level e.g. AAT, CIPD etc.
● Short courses - Intensive training courses for business and industry, including bespoke programmes to meet your organisation's needs. E.g. Food Safety, ILM’s such as Excellent Customer Care, Team Leading.
● Jobs Growth Wales – An firstname.lastname@example.org to employ a young person between the ages of 16-24. 50% of the wages (National Minimum Wage) will be reimbursed by the Welsh Government for 26 weeks. The minimum hours are, 25 hours per week and the maximum is 40 hours per week.
● SEE Project (Skills for Employers & Employees) - A new project which will provide training programmes targeted at business in key sectors across North Wales. The funding available ranges between 50% and 70% of the courses fee and is dependent on the type of course and number of employees in your organisation.
● The North Wales Business Academy – The North Wales Business Academy is an exciting partnership involving the 4 key academic institutions in North Wales, Grwp Llandrillo Menai, Bangor University, Glyndwr University and Coleg Cambria. The aim of the partnership is to provide bespoke higher level qualifications to businesses that are growing or that have growth potential in North Wales. The project will offer an individual business a tailored programme of support through experienced business mentors that will work in partnership with your business to achieve your specific organisational goals. The project has 7 key themes in Financial Management, Business Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Developing People, Governance and Ethics, Managing Operations and Business Communication and the specialist modules will revolve around these key themes.
For a list of the courses available and further information take a look at our website: http://www.gllm.ac.uk/busnes or contact 08445 460460 / e-mail: email@example.com
A huge congratulations to the Trefeddian Hotel, Aberdovey, which has been named the AA Hotel of the Year for Wales, and to The Nags Head at Garthmyl, near Montgomery, which was named AA Pub /Inn of the Year at a recent prestigious awards ceremony in London.
We are delighted with the positive PR for Mid Wales and for the recognition bestowed on these businesses for all their hard work.
It was also fantastic to see The Old Rectory On The Lake, Tal-y-Llyn, top The Guardian's list of the best UK hotels, B&Bs and campsites for walkers. A reminder that if you too would like to benefit from our press and PR services as part of your membership, send your press releases and good news stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourism related businesses are being invited to an open evening at the National Cycle Museum in Llandrindod Wells on Tuesday, October 2 from 4pm to 8pm.
Entry to the museum, which is located in the Automobile Palace, Temple Street, Llandrindod Wells, is free for the evening and there will be guided tours and refreshments.
“This is ideal opportunity for people involved in the tourism industry to come and see what the museum has to offer visitors to the region,” said Freda Davies, museum trustee and curator. “We are keen to work together with other attractions and tourism businesses to encourage more visitors.”
The museum, which is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am to 4pm, is home to more than 260 cycles representing the historical development of cycling from the early 1800s to the present day.
Exhibits range from an 1818 Hobby Horse and Victorian solid-tyred machines to classic lightweights and latest carbon-fibre designs. This year marks the 200th anniversary of the first bicycle made by Johnson of London, a copy of which is on display in the museum.
It costs £18,000 each year to keep open the doors to the museum, which is manned by volunteers and relies on the generosity of supporters and visitors to finance its work. The museum is open from 10am to 4pm every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
The National Cycle Museum is a member of MWT Cymru, an independent organisation representing around 600 tourism and hospitality businesses across Powys, Ceredigion and Meirionnydd.
Tourism businesses in Mid Wales that have not already received an invite are asked to contact Freda at email@example.com if they wish to attend. For more information or to support the museum, visit https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/nationalcyclemuseum
lick here to edit.
Members of MWT can get access to 1 months FREE commission with Expedia. This offer is only for new customers and is only valid until the end of September - So Hurry!
To find out more about Expedia and the sites they operate please see PDF below.
To get set up and to retrieve your offer code please contact the office on 01654 702653
Group Travel & Travel Trade - Discounted Advertising Opportunities for MWT Members (October editions)
Coach Touring October - Wales 2019 Spotlight Feature
Early Bird Discounts
Coach Touring magazine is distributed at major Travel Trade exhibitions, UK coach companies, directly to the named itinerary planners and group travel coordinators.
Early Bird discount rates:
¼ page - £275 | ½ page - £425 | Full A4 - £700
Contact Martin Greenwood | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0121 445 6961
Group Leisure & Travel - Monthly publication
UK’s number one magazine for people who organise group trips and holidays.
¼ page - £350.00 | ½ page - £695.00 | Full A4 - £1200 - includes hotlink with each booking made
Contact: Lorna Goodings | 01908 613323 | email@example.com | www.groupleisureandtravel.com
Date for your Diary!
Group Leisure & Travel Show 2018 a leading event for people who organise group trips and holidays is taking place on 11th October at the NEC, Birmingham. More info on https://grouptravelshow.com/
Looking for a cleaner around the Newtown area?